Peter Lav Gallery, Copenhagen
The experiment is an integral part of the visual arts. The urge to both conceptually and aesthetically challenge artistic media has always played an important role in developing the arts and to…
Templar House, Leeds, 1956
Michael Coldwell, 2014
A photographic study of a building in Leeds.
Historical pictures from http://www.leodis.org - a photographic archive of the city.
"View shows Templar House, a grade II listed building on Lady Lane by the junction with Templar Lane, right. This property dates from 1840 when it was built by James Simpson, one of the leading non-conformist architects of the 19th century, as the principal chapel in Yorkshire of the Wesleyan Methodist Association. The red-brick building held 1700 worshipers and featured a schoolroom below. It lated became the United Methodist Chapel but over the 1920s the congregation began to dwindle and the building was converted to offices in 1933. Later it was occupied by Hoover Ltd., vacuum cleaner manufacturers, and also by the Army as a recruiting office for National Service, before becoming an Unemployment Benefit Office for a time; then, as in this photo, it became British Road Services. Since that time the building has been left empty and has deteriorated but now (2012) plans are being made to revive the building as part of a major redevelpment of the area.”